Hi, How Can We Help You?

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Business Immigration

If you are already in the UK with sole representative visa, you can apply for extension/renewal of your sole representative visa by completing online application form FLR (IR).

You can apply for ILR as a sole representative 28 days before completing 5 years residence in the UK with leave to remain as a sole representative. Your qualifying period can include time from the date your initial application for entry clearance was approved.

If the applicant is making an initial application for switching into Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, they must provide a business plan, setting out their proposed business activities in the UK and how they expect to make their business succeed.

Existing Tier 1 Entrepreneur applicants can apply for ILR as Tier 1 Entrepreneur before 6 April 2025. However, Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant who switched from Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur can apply for ILR as Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant before 6 July 2027.

The Worker License is divided into four different categories:
· Skilled Worker
· Intra Company Transfer
· Sportsperson
· Minister of Religion

The “Register of licensed sponsors: Workers” the list of UK organisations and businesses who have been approved as Sponsors by the Home Office, under the Worker and Temporary Worker categories.

When your License is approved your name will appear in the list as an approved Sponsor.

On the register, you can find the following details
· Name of the company
· Location of the company
· Category of Worker Visa, which a company can sponsor
· The sponsor’s rating

The Sponsor License is valid for 4 years from the date of approval. The Sponsor can apply to renew their license if they would like to continue to sponsor migrant workers.

From 1 January 2021, employers wanting to sponsor EEA nationals will need a Sponsor License. The same applies if you wish to sponsor NON-EEA nationals.

If your business wants to employ skilled workers from overseas your business will need a Home Office issued sponsor license to enable you to recruit skilled migrant workers. The worker then needs to apply for a skilled worker visa

Personal Immigration

You should use application form FLR (FP) to apply for renewal of spouse visa under 10 years route.

Your sponsor must be earning not less than £18,600 gross per year if you are applying for spouse visa with no dependent children.

You may be able to switch categories depending on your circumstances. for example, from a worker visa/status to a different immigration status under the family route.

Whether you can extend your stay in the UK or switch to another category will depend on your personal circumstances. We recommend you book a consultation with us and find out what are your options.

The reasons for your visa refusal are contained within the refusal letter you received from the UKVI. This refusal may not always be clear to you.

If you have received a refusal and are unsure as to how to proceed, please contact us today and book an appointment with one of our immigration experts.


Visa Legal offers full transparency in our pricing and adopt a 100% agreed fee model. The fee is assessed during your file opening appointment, charged according to our price list, your personal circumstances, and the services you require.

The Home Office fees are the administrative fees charged by the UK Visa And Immigration to process your application. These fees vary depending on the type of application and is usually non-refundable.

The Immigration Health surcharge or IHS fee is the cost you may have to pay for using NHS services in the UK. It will depend on the immigration status you are applying for and the length of your visa in the UK. Visitors don’t have to pay the IHS fee.

Visa Legal does not accept legal aid funded instructions.

You can book an appointment with us by contacting our office directly on +44 20 7732 5457 or +44 74 2995 9436 or here. Consultations can be by phone, Skype, WhatsApp, Messenger, Zoom or in our London office (Monday to Thursday).

To maintain a high quality of work and ensure each client’s matter is given the care required, attendance in our office is strictly by appointment.

You would need to instruct Visa Legal before putting our details as your legal representative. Our process is easy and transparent you can call us now +44 20 7732 5457, or WhatsApp us +44 74 2995 9436  for an assessment.